how to reinitialize

Hi,

My program crashes at calling display lists, after returning from the ctrl-alt-del screen in Windows 2000. I tried to recreate display lists before calling them but it didn’t help. I want to try reinitializing the render context (or anything significant) but don’t know how. Could you help me out? Thanks.

Tony

There’s probably too little information here to figure out what’s wrong. My guess is that you don’t handle windowing quite right. To re-create a context, you usually have to create a new window and attach a new context with the new pixel format you want. Remember that, unless the old context is still valid and you can ShareLists() between them, texture and list objects in the old context are not available in the new context.

Does your app work correctly if the window is maximized or minimized while running?

Does it work correctly if the user changes the desktop color depth while running?

Does it work correctly if the user changes the desktop size while running?

Does it work correctly if the user sleeps or hibernates the computer while running?

Once you have these cases working (assuming they don’t right now) I don’t see why bringing up the system request options (ctrl-alt-del) would cause your program to fail.

Hi jwatte,

You were right. My application works without crashing while maximizing, minimizing or changing the window size. But it crashes when changing color depths. I will look into that. I may need to detatch and then attatch a new render context to each existing view. That is really not what I want to do.

Thanks for the input.

Tony