Fine using NVidia, white using Radeon

My new shareware that you can try at: http://www.in-poculis.com
has problems on Radeon cards.

I have developed the game with a GeForce 2 Mx and while the games runs slowly on Radeon 7000 but very well, it runs very fast but with some white objets on Radeon 9000.
How can I defeat such a bug ?

Cheers,
Bernard.

I downloaded your kikujiro game, and ran it on my Radeon 9800 Pro and it works just fine. Everything is textured and there are no white objects. Was it your other game that displayed white?

Sorry, yes, its the new one, Indyo, the 27Mb package which is concerned with white objets on ATI boards.
This is really a high quality shareware so don’t hesitate to try it.

Just tested it on my Radeon 9700 with newest Catalyst (3.10) and all objects were textured properly.
So can’t help you much, but ATIs driver are more strict than NVidia’s, so that may be the problem. I’ve for example noticed that you can bind a texture within a glBegin…glEnd on Nvidia (certain drivers) and it works, although it should not (by GL-specs). On ATI it, as supposed won’t work. So just make sure that you follow the gl specs 100% and everything should be fine on ATI.

Also tested on Catalyst 3.10 with Radeon 9700 Pro, and everything looked fine.

Y.

Thank you for testing
I have run the game using the tool glDebug and all my gl code seems right.
A question about glDebug: Is there a tool like that somewhere which takes into account recent ARB extensions ?

Works flawlessly on my Radeon 9800 Pro with the Catalyst 3.1 drivers.