nVidia nView - manipulating programmatically

Is there any way to programmatically handle nView? What I want to do is:

a) Check if nView is available
b) Enumerate the resolutions in can switch to
c) Set one of these
d) Go back to Windows normal display

The user can do all these by enabling nView display splitting under Monitor Properties->Settings->nView, then altering a display resolution (of double height or width e.g. 3200x1200) and finally disabling the splitting. I would like to do all these inside my application. Does anybody knows a way how?

Windows has built in multimonitor support, I’m confident you can use that API.

Originally posted by Humus:
Windows has built in multimonitor support, I’m confident you can use that API.
It doesn’t work … You can change the display to cover both monitors in this way, but the problem is that OpenGL acceleration is not supported in the display modes you get. In order to have hardware OpenGL acceleration in both monitors, you must expand the desktop using nView monitor spanning (it must be enabled).

too bad nvidia could not get it working with the standard… i don’t think there is some nview-api…

Originally posted by davepermen:
too bad nvidia could not get it working with the standard… i don’t think there is some nview-api…
Is there anybody from nVidia in this forum that could make that clear? Hope sb helps me, cause I really have to find a way.

Hi

And now there is the problem, that the new Detonators don’t support the old win2000 style of using multiple monitors.

it could be because of my 2GO, but it worked with the old ones…

But the time before Det4 i had accelerated opengl on the primary display. Only the secondary had no opengl support.

And why doesn’t nview support different resolutions on different devices…?

Lars

Originally posted by Lars:
[b]And why doesn’t nview support different resolutions on different devices…?

Lars[/b]
With different resolutions I don’t believe that they could have a common OpenGL accelarated Rendering Context for both monitors… I haven’t tried Det4 yet, but I believe that nVidia should give an API to handle nView if they hope that it will get innovative for software. I mean, if you need two monitors (without acceleration) you can use the window API, and you can choose differrent resolutions - there is no reason for using nView apart from OpenGL/Direct3D acceleration on mutliple monitors… and they should give as freedom to control it through an API.