synchronizing rendering on 2 PC's

Is there any functions in MS implementation for synchronizing rendering on 2 PC’s connected by ethernet, or should I write my own client-server application, or somewhere are free libraries that can do it for me.
My problem is, that I need the same scene on second PC in ‘real-time’

Threads would be your friend for this.

Check the web for “cluster rendering”. There are a bunch of libraries to help you there, some known ones are Syzygy, DAVElib or CAVElib (not all of those are Open Source, though).

Or you can use a higher-level system like OpenSG, which hides the details of distribution and synchronisation from you. Email me (dirk@opensg.org) for details.

You probably want to genlock all your display devices to the same video sync, too, to make it a unified whole.

Originally posted by morzech:
[b]Is there any functions in MS implementation for synchronizing rendering on 2 PC’s connected by ethernet, or should I write my own client-server application, or somewhere are free libraries that can do it for me.
My problem is, that I need the same scene on second PC in ‘real-time’

[/b]

Do you want to utilize two (or more) computers to speed up rendering to one final output buffer?

Or do you simply want to render the same scene twice on the two computers? Like a Quake-multiplayer game?

The second part is fairly easily implemented, although there’s no built in MS support for that type of functionality (apart from various networking layers, ofcourse :slight_smile:

/Henrik

I use 3D VR glasses, it seems to be as multiplayer, I’ll try with libraries

thanks