Any suggestions on learning openGL -- A Chinese student

Since I am a Chinese student with poor English, I can not fully understand the books written in English. And we have different way of thinking about and resolving problem. This is not my fault, 'cause computer was born in America.
Hohoho…so I’ll be glad to get some suggestions from you!!!
And please reply my topic more, which will surely be helpful to my English.THANKS!!!

Search the web for an OpenGL tutorial website in chinese (if one exists, which I assume), that is what I recommend.
Good luck :-).

Computer was born in Salford, England - not America.

And microcomputer was born in Paris, France - not America :slight_smile:

And his father was Truong Trong Thi from vietnam…

Originally posted by knackered:
Computer was born in Salford, England - not America.

One of the oldest computing machine, abacus, was probably born in China thousand years ago. Or at least I can say it is the most popular mechanical computing machine in the world.

He should have said the internet was born in the US and I think there is more stuff in english than any other language.

Plus, 3D graphics is 3D graphics. It’s not race dependent pal!

hoho,sorry for my poor Computer knowledge.
But I believe we do have difference in
thinking and programming.
Thank you all for the replies…

you write english well enough, you’d probably won’t have that much trouble learning in English… .

i’m half-chinese btw… .

i have tutorials at:
http://nomad.openglforums.com

hope this helps!

The best solution: learn english!!! :stuck_out_tongue:
It’ll be useful in future for sure. :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by What3v3r:
The best solution: learn english!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

By chance, What3v3r, would you happen to be American? Call it a hunch…

[This message has been edited by john_at_kbs_is (edited 03-12-2003).]

Half-Chinese? Great!!!
Are you in the U.S.A now? Tell me more about life there, please. I may go abroad in 2 or 3 years…
My e-mail:yiruo818@eyou.com
keep in touch…

Originally posted by nomad82:
[b]you write english well enough, you’d probably won’t have that much trouble learning in English… .

i’m half-chinese btw… .

i have tutorials at:
http://nomad.openglforums.com

hope this helps![/b]

Hohoho…<snip>

hoho, <snip>

Working on your Santa Claus impression there I see.

-SirKnight

OpenGL Game Programming

The book is in English, but I think it is easy to read. It teaches basic OpenGL programming in Windows. The first half of the book is all you need to read.

Roger that!
I am searching for it now…
Thanks!!

Originally posted by JONSKI:
[b]OpenGL Game Programming

The book is in English, but I think it is easy to read. It teaches basic OpenGL programming in Windows. The first half of the book is all you need to read. [/b]

No, i’m not residing in USA (nor have i ever been there… ).

o…(In Chinese it means “I got it”, )
All the same, it’s nice to talk with you!!

Originally posted by nomad82:
[b]No, i’m not residing in USA (nor have i ever been there… ).

[/b]

Originally posted by adun:
But I believe we do have difference in
thinking and programming.

Everyone, regardless of race of origin, has their own idea on how to solve problems. How willing they share their ideas is another story.

I’m Chinese. I have lived my whole life in the US. I have frequent conversations with my cousins in China, and my non-Chinese friends in the US. You shouldn’t be surprised to find that we are not that different.

Also have you tried http://babelfish.altavista.com/
you can translate english web sites to chinese. Don’t know if it is grammatically correct though.

Why dont we drop all the political/racist crap and get back on topic (that would be OpenGL)?

And yes, I dont give a rats ass where you are from.

‘o’ means ‘i got it’? i’m not sure about Cantonese but I know fookienese and mandarin…and in mandarin, it’d be ‘ji taw lo’…or in fookienese ‘tza-ya-lo’… .

(i’m just foolin’ around…but my translations are accurate though… )