EXT_framebuffer_blit

I have a question about this extension, I haven’t tried anything yet, just trying to get a few ideas of how I might use it.

If I have a FBO with a depth RBO attached to it set as my read buffer, and have another FBO with a depth RBO attached to it set at my draw buffer and then call the glBlitFramebufferEXT() with the mask set to GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT, will the depth values from the first RBO be copied to the second RBO? I guess basically my question is whether the blit function accesses/modifies data in an FBO’s RBOs.

Thanks.

The short answer is: yes.

Thanks for the reply. Now this extension is only available on the most recent nVidia cards right, such as the 8800?

Now this extension is only available on the most recent nVidia cards right, such as the 8800?
No. It’s available in most nVidia cards, down to the FX line if I recall correctly.

It just happened to show up in a batch of other 8800-only extensions.

Vaticanfox :
AFAIK this extension is included in rel. 95 drivers (and probably will be included in all future versions), which unfortunately (at the moment) is 8800-only.
If you force installation on older cards, it is reported in the extension string without emulation. It is true for my 7800GTX and Forceware 97.92. EXT_framebuffer_multisample is also there.

I can’t comment on the performance though, because i haven’t used it (yet).

HellRaiZer