PDA

View Full Version : EXT_framebuffer_blit

Vaticanfox
01-18-2007, 06:56 PM
I have a question about this extension, I haven't tried anything yet, just trying to get a few ideas of how I might use it.

If I have a FBO with a depth RBO attached to it set as my read buffer, and have another FBO with a depth RBO attached to it set at my draw buffer and then call the glBlitFramebufferEXT() with the mask set to GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT, will the depth values from the first RBO be copied to the second RBO? I guess basically my question is whether the blit function accesses/modifies data in an FBO's RBOs.

Thanks.

Michael Gold
02-06-2007, 10:05 PM
The short answer is: yes.

Vaticanfox
02-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the reply. Now this extension is only available on the most recent nVidia cards right, such as the 8800?

Korval
02-07-2007, 09:43 AM
Now this extension is only available on the most recent nVidia cards right, such as the 8800?No. It's available in most nVidia cards, down to the FX line if I recall correctly.

It just happened to show up in a batch of other 8800-only extensions.

HellRaiZer
02-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Vaticanfox :
AFAIK this extension is included in rel. 95 drivers (and probably will be included in all future versions), which unfortunately (at the moment) is 8800-only.
If you force installation on older cards, it is reported in the extension string without emulation. It is true for my 7800GTX and Forceware 97.92. EXT_framebuffer_multisample is also there.

I can't comment on the performance though, because i haven't used it (yet).

HellRaiZer