Something's wrong with my tangents and binormals

It seems I’m doing something wrong when I calculate the tangents and binormals of my mesh. I really need some help with this since I’m trying to do bumpmapping and specular reflections and they look all wrong. Here I have the function I use to calculate the tangents and binormals. BTW, I did read http://www.terathon.com/code/tangent.html but it doesn’t calculate binormals, and also the code is a bit wierd to me because the structures of the geometry are different so I don’t really know what I’m supposed to do. Here is my code:

void MathFuncs::calculateTangent(Mesh *CurrentMesh)
{
	for (int i = 0; i < (intCurrentMesh->meshLayers.size(); ++i)
	{
		for(int j = 0; j < CurrentMesh->meshLayers[i]->numLayerGroups; ++j)
		{
			for(int k = 0; k < (CurrentMesh->meshLayers[i]->layerMaterialIndices[j]->numIndices / 3); ++k)
			{
				Mesh::MeshVert *v0 = &CurrentMesh->meshLayers[i]->layerVertices[j + (k * 3)];
				Mesh::MeshVert *v1 = &CurrentMesh->meshLayers[i]->layerVertices[j + (k * 3 + 1)];
				Mesh::MeshVert *v2 = &CurrentMesh->meshLayers[i]->layerVertices[j + (k * 3 + 2)];

vec3 normal, tangent, binormal;
				vec3 e0 = vec3(0.0f, v1->UV.x - v0->UV.x, v1->UV.y - v0->UV.y);
				vec3 e1 = vec3(0.0f, v2->UV.x - v0->UV.x, v2->UV.y - v0->UV.y);

for(int l = 0; l < 3; l++)
				{
					e0.x = v1->position[l] - v0->position[l];
					e1.x = v2->position[l] - v0->position[l];

vec3 v;
					v.cross(e0, e1);

tangent[l] = -v[1] / v[0];
					binormal[l] = -v[2] / v[0];
				}

tangent.normalize();
				binormal.normalize();
				normal.cross(tangent, binormal);
				normal.normalize();

v0->binormal.cross(v0->normal, tangent);
				v0->binormal.normalize();
				v0->tangent.cross(v0->binormal, v0->normal);
				if(normal * v0->normal < 0.0f)
					v0->binormal = -v0->binormal;

v1->binormal.cross(v1->normal, tangent);
				v1->binormal.normalize();
				v1->tangent.cross(v1->binormal, v1->normal);
				if(normal * v1->normal < 0.0f)
					v1->binormal = -v1->binormal;

v2->binormal.cross(v2->normal, tangent);
				v2->binormal.normalize();
				v2->tangent.cross(v2->binormal, v2->normal);
				if(normal * v2->normal < 0.0f)
					v2->binormal = -v2->binormal;
			}
		}
	}
}

Just so it isn’t so hard to understand the code, a Mesh is composed of several meshLayers, inside each meshLayers there are LayerGroups, each group has a number of lists, there is one list per material in the layer. The indices stored are actually indices to the vertex array in the meshLayer. So for example I have two triangles with different materials in a single layer, there would be just two layerMaterialIndices with 3 indices each, and 6 vertices in layerVertices in the layer.

Now, I have an example of why I think the tangent and binormals are wrong, I make a 100x100x100 box where all the faces face to the inside of the box, I put that box in such way that the coords 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f are the exact center of the box. Now I put a light at 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f and the camera at 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f. Now if everything is correct, all the faces should look the same but here is an screenshot:

I hope you people can help me cause I really need to solve this. Thanks.

You need to make sure that your tangent space basis matches the vectors in the bumpmap and that corresponds correctly with the vertex program position & vector transformations to tangent space. The application of your texture coordinates is also important remember because these form the tangent space basis, if you flip the derivative of s or t coordinates the tangent space tangent and binormal vectors will be wrong.

So consider your system as a whole, including the derivatives of the box, and remember you’re inside the box, this matters.