Damn Excited by Next Gen Hardware :)

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/gdc_2004_presentations.html

FP16 blending with filtering :slight_smile:
Multiple Render Targets :slight_smile: )

Good to see Nvidia adopting ATI extensions for a lot of the new cools stuff. The spirt of OpenGL Lives :wink:

I know, it’s looking pretty sweet. Of course, ideally I’d like any precision to be filtered and blendable, but I’ll take what I can get. :slight_smile:

I’m also excited about branches and loops in the shader programs. That’ll save a lot of shader-permutation writing and state switching. Good stuff.

I was at the OpenGL tutorial at GDC04. I saw those things working. The computer where Simon Green was showing the demos had a NV40 and, for me, it was impresive to see some demos that I have ran on GFFX5950 working really fast on the NV40. He has to maximize the window to see them a little slower to explain the effect.
He showed the fp blending capabilities working on it.

Thanks for the info, Cab. Did you get to see any new demos (i.e. not made for FX)? Any other tidbits you can share?

I showed a few simple feature demos - vertex texture, fragment program branching and HDR using fp16 filtering. We’re saving the really cool stuff for launch…

The specs for the new extensions will be online soon.

Originally posted by Zeno:
Thanks for the info, Cab. Did you get to see any new demos (i.e. not made for FX)? Any other tidbits you can share?