disabling clipping in OpenGL

Hello,

I am working on an engine in which currently every triangle is rendered individually, with clipping performed in software. What I want to do is to use glDrawElements to draw triangle strips in large batches to try to speed things up; the problem is that OpenGL is clipping off entire tristrips as soon as any of its vertices are outside of the viewing volume. Is there a way to disable this? ie, what I want to be able to do is just throw my tristrips at OpenGL without having to manually do the clipping. Any help is appreciated :O)

>>the problem is that OpenGL is clipping off entire tristrips as soon as any of its vertices are outside of the viewing volume.<<

This should not occur.

In cases, when you doubt the correctness of the output, check it with another implementation (e.g. select a pixelformat with PFD_GENERIC_FORMAT and get MS GDI generic implementation).
If the result is the same, you probably have an error in your program.

If you use TriangleStrips instead of batches of individual triangles, be careful, the winding order changes at each triangle.

>>the problem is that OpenGL is clipping off entire tristrips as soon as any of its vertices are outside of the viewing volume.<<
Relic is right, this shouldn’t occur, but I found that it did that on my crappy ATI card (now happily removed to a dusty space at the top of my shelves), my condolences if you are similarly afflicted. It did stop once I turned on texturing though, so try that.