Features on horizon...

Since the GL2.0 spec is more than one year old and the thread on ARB notes does not speak about future releases, I guess nobody knows about future release dates?

I’ve recently updated my platform SDK and it came with some nice new demos. I still have to take a in-depth look at them but they feel impressive.

I began thinking at what it’s melting in the GL pot (maybe some strange things 3dlabs proposed for GL2 years ago?). I’m sure I cannot know but can I least know when?

For some reason, the ARB likes releasing new versions at SIGGRAPH. So you’ll have to wait until at least then. And even after that point, there’s no guarentee.

Why such a question ? Do you still have had done all the GL functionalities ? What a man ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by jide:
Why such a question ? Do you still have had done all the GL functionalities ? What a man ! :stuck_out_tongue:
Obviously not but… did you check out the last win32 platform sdk? I’m sure you did! :eek:

A thing which shocked me was concerning NVX_conditional_render, which is still not specified…
Fine it’s pre-release but it’s still something.

Thank you anyway for the date, I’ll wait Siggraph this year. Seems like GL (mostly GL ES) talks at GDC this year won’t introduce new things.

Originally posted by Obli:
Obviously not but… did you check out the last win32 platform sdk? I’m sure you did! :eek:

which things in the platform sdk particularly are you talking about?

I messed up again, I was speaking about the February DirectX SDK (I written it, the thread is going in flames).

I’m sure ARB is working on something similar (it’s big business after all) but I simply can’t wait to know. How was 3dlabs calling them on the old GL2 proposals? Primitive programs?
The API (still to check it out) seems to have been much improved for general stream processing, as well as procedural GPU-driven generation.
MRT now seems to be an even more important functionality.

I’m not sure but I think I’ve read that GPU-generated buffers can be of arbitrary size (no cpu readback) and still work nicely.
Was this feature included in uberbuffers?

Don’t you think you can’t wait to see for the ARB news?

I guess you noticed I written on NVX_conditional_render on my previous posts. For some reasons it’s still not specified while it already has another name: predicative rendering.

PS: yes, this whole thread is meaningless but I wasn’t able to resist at starting it - my apologies to all professionals.

regarding meeting notes i started a thread some days ago in the suggestions forum:
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/cgi_directory/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=000543