how to use more than 2 texture on gf2mx

i want to use more than two texture on gf2mx,but when i use GL_TEXTURE2_ARB and GL_TEXTURE3_ARB, i can see nothing.
how to use more than two texture on gf2mx?

IMHO, you can’t use more than two textures in a single pass, I used to have a GF2MX and the only way to put more than two textures on triangle is dual-pass I think.

Arath

i have solved this.thanks

Every GeForce card under the GeForce 3 only supports 2 texture units. So if you need to use more, then you have no other choice but to multipass. You can emulate the NV20 or even NV30 on cards like yours which will let you use more than 2 textures per pass but it will be in software and be slow as crap.

-SirKnight

Originally posted by whyjld:
i have solved this.thanks

write to nvidia im sure theyll be very interested to know.

Originally posted by Arath:
IMHO, you can’t use more than two textures in a single pass, <snip>

Interesting use of the “IMHO” abbreviation

IMHO, it’s more a fact than an opinion.

IMHO, it’s more a fact than an opinion.

um…

IMHO = In My Honest Opinion. So how can an opinion be a fact? That’s like saying black is more white than black.

-SirKnight

Excuse me for the use of expression that I don’t understand perfectly, I’m french you know and I am not fluent in english …

Arath

Originally posted by SirKnight:
IMHO = In My Honest Opinion.

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion. At least that’s the most common interpretation: http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=imho

You probably meant “AFAIK” (as far as I know)

Or “AFAICT” (as far as I can tell)

Or maybe “IANAL” (I am not a lawyer) :slight_smile:

The original problem I think was because texture tokens are numbered from zero not one. So you are trying to use texture 2 and 3 and that would only be possible on a 4 texture system. You need to use textures GL_TEXTURE0_ARB and GL_TEXTURE1_ARB on a 2 texture system.

The original problem I think was because texture tokens are numbered from zero not one. So you are trying to use texture 2 and 3 and that would only be possible on a 4 texture system. You need to use textures GL_TEXTURE0_ARB and GL_TEXTURE1_ARB on a 2 texture system.

I’m pretty sure from what was said is that he knows about GL_TEXTURE0_ARB and GL_TEXTURE1_ARB and is already using them but wants to use texture2 and 3 in addition but since he has a 2 texture card it wouldn’t let him.

-SirKnight