cgGet program parameter problem (FX5200)

Hi,

When I cgGet the parameters of a simple lighting program, I find uniform parameters with strange name ($C_7$…). This problem occurs since I have changed my graphics card !

The program that I use is the cg_simple lighting program of NVidia and the unexpected parameters are constant and respectively named $C_9$ and $C_10$.

Any idea on this (driver) problem ?

David

NB: Unfortunately I have a GeForce Fx 5200 with the last 43.03 driver working on windows XP

Is somebody in the place ?

Any comment ?

Originally posted by Sancho:
Is somebody in the place ?

Yes, someone is in the place - his name is Sancho, and he is spamming the forum with the same question.
Sancho, if someone could answer your question, then they would answer your question - it’s highly unlikely that they just “didn’t hear you”, so there’s no need to shout, just accept that you’re alone in your problem and move on.

The best place for Cg questions is www.cgshaders.com

Originally posted by knackered:
[b] Yes, someone is in the place - his name is Sancho, and he is spamming the forum with the same question.
Sancho, if someone could answer your question, then they would answer your question - it’s highly unlikely that they just “didn’t hear you”, so there’s no need to shout, just accept that you’re alone in your problem and move on.

[/b]

Keep cool, man ! When you ask a question (even if it is a stupid question) you appreciate an answer, no ?!

Originally posted by Cab:
[b]The best place for Cg questions is www.cgshaders.com

[/b]

You’re right and I move on now !

[b] Keep cool, man ! When you ask a question (even if it is a stupid question) you appreciate an answer, no ?!

[/b]

Hey, I’m entirely cool man. I just find it odd that you seem to want every contributor to this forum to post “I don’t know, sorry” answers to your post. Doesn’t seem very useful to me.

Hey, I’m entirely cool man. I just find it odd that you seem to want every contributor to this forum to post “I don’t know, sorry” answers to your post. Doesn’t seem very useful to me.

I’m not the world center and I don’t expect an answer from every body ! But it is not forbidden to hopelessly shout. Read who wants to read. In other respects, Cab give me an USEFUL answer.

But it is not forbidden to hopelessly shout.

But is is rude to bump your own posts.

In other respects, Cab give me an USEFUL answer.

Funny, I thought it was an obvious answer…

Just for information, it seems to be “normal” to obtain constant parameter named “$…”. These uniform parameters are the constant parameter registers that are used in the shader and that need to be set by the Cg runtime whenever the shader becomes active.

I hope it is not too rude to respond to its own post Mister RGPC )

David

Just had a thought.
Wouldn’t it be nice if there was some kind of view counter on each thread, so at least people will know that their question has been at least read by other people. That way, sancho would know he wasn’t being ignored, just that nobody could answer him.

BTW, Sancho, I don’t use Cg, so I could not answer your question. I’ve nothing against people who do use Cg, I’m sure it’s fine using it with d3d, but my renderer is designed to be multi-platform, multi-graphics-api, multi-vendor - unfortunately, Cg doesn’t sit well in that kind of design (yes, I know there’s an ARB fragprog profile, but that requires cards that support ARB fragment programs, and I can’t imagine they’ll be many of them for a good while yet - gf2/r8500 is the common denominator).
At the moment, I don’t find vertex/fragment shaders complicated enough to warrant using a high level language (even ARB fragprogs)…but of course, this will probably change in the next few years.

Just had a thought.
Wouldn’t it be nice if there was some kind of view counter on each thread, so at least people will know that their question has been at least read by other people.

Oh ! I agree with you ! Most of furoms got such a counter and it is nice (see PhPbb).

That way, sancho would know he wasn’t being ignored, just that nobody could answer him.

If I bump my post it was in desperation and not because I though being ignored !

No hard feelings !

David