Using 2 vertex programs

I got a GF 4 Ti 4200 now. The specification says that it has 2 vertex shaders. Does that mean i could use 2 vertex programs at the same time? I wouldn´t know how i could combine them (technically) and i cannot think of a situation where one would need that.
Or does it simply mean, that the card can process two vertices at the same time, but both with the same program?

And another question: Do you think that ARB_fragment_program will ever be available on GF 4 cards through a driver, or are there issues, which make this impossible?

Thanks in advance,
Jan.

Or does it simply mean, that the card can process two vertices at the same time, but both with the same program?

That is correct.

And another question: Do you think that ARB_fragment_program will ever be available on GF 4 cards through a driver, or are there issues, which make this impossible?

As far as I know, the gf4 is not capable.

That just means that vertex programs will be executed faster, it does not make any difference from the programmers point of view.

ARB_fragment_program will not be exposed on a GeForce3 or GeForce4 as they lack the required hardware.

Thanks.