game download

Hi,
I would like to sell this game and(or) together with me.
Can take a pre look and download at:
http://codenit.topcities.com/out/game.htm

Together with the game, there is also a very convient "wyswyg" 3D map editor.
can take a pre look at:

http://codenit.topcities.com/out/game.htm

thx.

wf

put lighting in it would look amazing

It looks crap

It needs a LOT of work.

Good luck.

Yes, good luck - you’re on the right track.

You sarcastic buggers

LAUGH-OUT-LOUD!

You people are so mean. All these negative comments must have hurt wf a lot – for all we know, he’s in a corner somewhere, crying, with a knife in his hands and about to take his own life. And it’s all because YOU shattered his self-esteem.

Don’t let them get you down, wf! I think it looks better than Doom3.

– Tom

</sarcasm>

[friendly hugmode]

Oh, My, God!

I really like the abstract details of this well polished game!

Good luckies!

[/friendly hugmode]

But seriously, don’t give up your day job, wf.
Either that, or learn 3ds max so you can render some ray-traced screenshots to put on the back of the box. I’d fall for it!

Hey,
comeon… don’t be so hard on the guy. I’m NOT being sarcastic here: he’s probably worked really hard on the underlying structure to the game. what would you think is better: some game that generates nice, albeit slow to render screen shots, or a game that has an excellent foundation at the expense of not having much time on the graphics engine? there’s a hell of a lot of difference between hacky code thats quick to write but not maintainable, and a well crafted, well thought out game engine that has a pseudo-dummy wrapped graphics layer to be repalced (because of the well defined graphics/game layers) with something better at a later date. besides, that could be the guy’s first game that he’s ever written, and he is rightly proud of his efforts. my first game on my c64 certainly didn’t look that good.

cheers,
John

Yes, you’re right - but he posted a screenshot on the opengl forum.

Thanks all!

space bar, ‘M’, ‘B’, ‘L’, shift, F1-4, F7,F8

The game is highly customizable, everyone can change it without much trouble. The 3ds of the tank, tank_laser, tank_giant, plane, plane_heli, plane_bomber(though they are essentially same thing now, they will have their own charactoristics a little bit later) can be changed within minutes without changing the code(I am no artist, so the game looks somewhat ugly :slight_smile:

enjoy :slight_smile:

You look like you’re on the right track, I was serious about that.
Here’s a tip, to take a screenshot of just a window (not the whole desktop, which is what you seem to be doing) is to hold down ALT and press “Prnt Scr”. This will copy the contents of just the current window in focus into the clipboard, for pasting into a paint package.

hold down ALT and press “Prnt Scr”. This will copy the contents of just the current window in focus into the clipboard, for pasting into a paint package.

Well ill be damned. I never knew that. Cool, i learned something today! You know, i could have used this technique many times before. Gosh, what a thing to learn in an advanced opengl forum.

-SirKnight

SirKnight,

Did you know that you can copy the contents of almost every dialog in windows by pressing CTRL+C and pasting it in Notepad?
(the standard MessageBox() one)

Very handy for copying error messages instead of typing it over

Great work wf !
If you can finish a game (most of the people can’t) well you’ll be a freakin’ step ahead everybody hehehehe
Don’t let those mean…pretentious…people hurt your work !
hehehe ok it’s a little (maybe a lot) off topic in the advanced forum BUT who cares except those “soooo well structured forums fanatics” ?
personnaly I appriciate your work and your post, it’s great to see stuff that other people do…it gives ideas and it gives hope in this world of war and sadness (hahaha oh my god what Am I saying…haha)

Well peace everyone and cheers to the great wf !
hahaha (I’m no sarcastic at all…just in a funny mood :P)

Evil-Dog
Let’s have a funny day

Originally posted by richardve:
[b]Did you know that you can copy the contents of almost every dialog in windows by pressing CTRL+C and pasting it in Notepad?
(the standard MessageBox() one)

Very handy for copying error messages instead of typing it over [/b]

Damn, I never knew that!
(I did know the Alt-printscreen though)

Did you know :

WindowsKey+E = windows explorer
ctrl+v = paste
ctrl+a = select all
ctrl+s = save
ctrl+leftmouse or double click - selects the current word

in MSVC,

Alt + F8 - automatically formats the selected code. (use with select all and its very handy)
F7 - builds the project
F5 - starts debug
ctrl+F10 - starts a debug and runs to the current line

sod it, the list is endless… VI is the ultimate for keyboard shortcuts though