ColorTable & GeForce driver 44.03 BUG on Windows XP

Hello,

I use a 3D engine that manages color table and since I have changed my graphics card (GeForce2 to GeForceFX 5200 with the last driver released 44.03) the upload of the color table doesn’t work !

With the GeForce2 (or with any not too much recent cards), I must use the token GL_TEXTURE_2D as first parameter of the glColorTable() function to work properly (even if the OpenGL specification tells that the first parameter must be GL_COLOR_TABLE !).
With the GeForceFX5200 I must use the token GL_COLOR_TABLE. That is normal. But I could no more seen the paletted texture !

What happen ?
Any idea ?

David

Hi,

I have a similar problem with an intel chipset.

It seems that GL_COLOR_TABLE is not supported by latest graphics cards ;(

Originally posted by Sancho:
[b]Hello,

I use a 3D engine that manages color table and since I have changed my graphics card (GeForce2 to GeForceFX 5200 with the last driver released 44.03) the upload of the color table doesn’t work !

With the GeForce2 (or with any not too much recent cards), I must use the token GL_TEXTURE_2D as first parameter of the glColorTable() function to work properly (even if the OpenGL specification tells that the first parameter must be GL_COLOR_TABLE !).
With the GeForceFX5200 I must use the token GL_COLOR_TABLE. That is normal. But I could no more seen the paletted texture !

What happen ?
Any idea ?

David[/b]

Originally posted by soda:
[b]Hi,

I have a similar problem with an intel chipset.

It seems that GL_COLOR_TABLE is not supported by latest graphics cards ;(

[/b]

It will be very bad !

aww, that is really bad, 'coz i was going to use COLOR_INDEX as well

Don’t laugh

[This message has been edited by knackered (edited 06-03-2003).]