Need help making an app on an octain

I’m trying to compile aux on an octain
with irix 6.4.

imake complains that it cannot find
sgiInternal.cf

I check in the directory where it is supposed to be and nope its not there.

How is this file made?

Reading into the doc I find that sgi recommends that instead of using imake
that you mmkmf or xmkmf

If I use mmkmf to make the Makefile, the makefile is made but when you run make the compile spits out an error message:
Cannot mix -o32 abi with -n32 abi

If i use xmkmf to make the Makefile, the makefile is made.
I then run make and all compiles will.
I install the aux.h in /usr/include and put the libaux.a /usr/lib.

I try to make my application and end up with an error. Can’t find aux.a No such file or directory.

I’m . What am I doing wrong?

Hello,

no idea about the first file, but:

there are three object formats supported by sgi compijlers (64 bit, 32bit old and 32bit new). You can’t link old 32 bit objects with new 32 bit objects; that’s the error you’re getting. The solution is to make them all the same type. Just add -n32 to your compiler flags in your makefile, should fix it. But, given that xmkmf is making a working Makefile, but can’t find libaux.a, then its probably best to not worry about it =)

er, your second problem… /usr/lib should be in the magic standard library search paths. hmm. no idea =) have you tried explicityly adding it? (eg cc main.c /usr/lib/libaux.a)??

btw, it’s octANE, not octain =)

cheers,
John

[QUOTE]Originally posted by john:
[b]Hello,

er, your second problem… /usr/lib should be in the magic standard library search paths. hmm. no idea =) have you tried explicityly adding it? (eg cc main.c /usr/lib/libaux.a)??

Ok that worked linking directly. Strange but true. However now I can’t find GLu.
Grr

btw, it’s octANE, not octain =)

Opps…