multi monitor rendering

hi,
i should know how to render on two different monitor connected on the same dual-head graphics card.
there is a common render buffer?
or what?

thanx in advance.

If you have a single graphics card connected on two monitors, that’s not a problem : the graphics driver (of the vendor) does it for you.

If you have more than one graphics card, then it is a problem because you can’t just assume to share the GL context, even if the cards are from the same vendor.

assuming that i’ve an unique graphic card with two monitor connected…
have you a documentation or a code sample regarding rendering on 2 monitor?

thanx

With a unique graphics card there is nothing to you to take care. The driver does everything for you.

If you configured your driver to display two screens of 1024x768 pixels each, then :

• if you configured your driver to tile your screens horizontally, you can render your scene just like if there was a single monitor with a 2048x768 resolution,
  • if you configured your driver to tile your screens vertically, you can render your scene just like if there was a single monitor with a 1024x1536 resolution,
  • if you configured your driver to clone your screens, you can render your scene just like if there was a single monitor with a 1024x768 resolution.

Simple, isn’t it ?

thank you…
i’m a stupid…
i was thinking what?!?

eheheh.
thanx