x800 floating point blending

hi!

i’ve a simple question,does x800 support floating point blending like nvidia 6800?

thanks in advance
sandro

Almost certainly not.

[rant]

You see, that would have required actual work and effort on the part of ATi. They decided not to do any actual work with the x800, and just re-released the 9500+ line with more vertex and fragment pipes.

Oh, and 3Dc. Let’s not forget that :rolleyes:

[/rant]

If you want features, get a 6xxx FX card.

No it doesn’t support floating point blending, as Korval said 6800 is offering this feature and I think that 3DLabs with its Wildcat Realizm series can also do FP16 blending.

Originally posted by Korval:
And if you get a 6xxx FX card, don’t forget to get a nuclear reactor to power it.

And if you get a 6xxx FX card, don’t forget to get a nuclear reactor to power it.
Running it on 300W Antec. GT version, but for development purposes, 10% difference in clock speeds won’t make any difference.

Power supply “requirement” is a simply precautionary step by Nvidia, in order to avoid lawsuits when Generic 400W PS with 10VA on 12V rail purchased from CompUSA blows up :slight_smile:

and just re-released the 9500+ line with more vertex and fragment pipes
Actually, it’s more of the quad version of 9600 series (w/higher instruction count to qualify for another useless update - DX 9b)

Originally posted by ^Fishman:
[quote]Originally posted by Korval:
[/QUOTE]Don’t be funny… NV40 offers MUCH more new features than X800. What about changing AT to ATX power supply few years ago? Is this was problem? I don’t think so…

yooyo

Originally posted by Zeross:
No it doesn’t support floating point blending, as Korval said 6800 is offering this feature and I think that 3DLabs with its Wildcat Realizm series can also do FP16 blending.
The WR can do more than FP blending, in fact it can directly show 16-bit per channel FP frame buffers.

I’m disappointed by the X800. I would have loved to drop all this ping-pong rendering thing.
By the way, I like NV4x and HDR blending but I still won’t buy them in the short run.
Too bad 3dlabs chips are not mass-marketed.
Looks like HDR blending won’t be for the masses for a long time. Sigh.