wglAllocateMemoryNV problems

I have problems with wglAllocateMemoryNV function. It works most of the time, but on some computers (Intel and AMD, Win98SE and Win2000) are not able to allocate more then 4Mb of memory. In some cases when I installed VIA 4in1 on AMD machines it fixed the problem, but I still have 1 AMD machine which has that problem (even after installing 4in1). Some PIII could not allocate either.
Most of the time I was using 21.83 drivers (this is only on nVidia GeForce cards). After installing 23.11, some of the computer got fixed, but there is still one which does not allocate more then 4Mb of RAM. I tried different settings for Read, Write and Priority, but it did not make any difference. I’m at lost here, and since we are in BETA testing as we speak, I get allot of those bug reports from testers. I can not find out what is the setting/driver update or any other magic I must do on those computers to fix it.

Thank you for any help,

Edgar.

The AGP aperture size is settable in the computer BIOS (unless the OEM removed that option).

However, some machines support VertexArrayRange just fine, but will always return NULL from AllocateMemory; PCI MX machines come to mind. You have to always have a fall-back (such as malloc()) when the allocation fails. VertexArrayRange out of malloc() memory is better than nothing, for sure!

The AGP Aperture size is 64Mb in BIOS. Shoud I play with this number? And how about end users. Do I excpect them to adjust that valus?

I did not know that I can use memory allocated with malloc for VertexArrayRange. Thanks for the tip.

Shoud I play with this number? And how about end users. Do I excpect them to adjust that valus?

this really sucks

with different bios version, aperture size, motherboard chipset driver version or video driver i got these AGP-memory sizes:
0, 3, 11, 16, 32MB