[OT] VS.NET plugin for vertex && fragment programs

Hi

well, while writing vertex and fragment programs it annoyed me that they are not syntax colored as the DX9 VS/PS(using the MS DX9 VS.NET extension). A google search didn’t give any usefull hits.

So I thought about writing a VS plugin by myself. Has anybody an idea if there are VS.NET plugins(with source code) with syntax highlighting that could be used as a start?

Bye
ScottManDeath

I solved the problem for MSVC 6.0, not sure if it works for .NET. I just uploaded a file to my site which enabled syntax highlighting for GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_fragment_program, OpenGL 2.0 glslang and DX9 HLSL.

Originally posted by Humus:
I solved the problem for MSVC 6.0, not sure if it works for .NET. I just uploaded a file to my site which enabled syntax highlighting for GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_fragment_program, OpenGL 2.0 glslang and DX9 HLSL.

Hi

I knew that this is possible. I installed the D3D9 VS plugin which has syntax highlighting for fx files and vs/ps.With the mentioned registry tinkering I have now CG files syntax highlighted.
I would prefer that only fp/vp get syntax highlighting and not C/C++ but perhaps its the price …

But anyways, a nice link

Bye
ScottManDeath