My model library is finally available...for free!

It’s only for a limited time though. When the installer expires you can no longer install it.

I would like you to at least try it out, even if you’re not keen to using other programmers libraries. It’s really easy to use.

You can download it at www.spider3d.com. If you have ANY questions on how to use the library, just ask me. If you think it draws to slow, there is most likely a reason, so ask me why first and I’ll tell you if the model is being drawn as fast as it can.

Feel free to suggest new features as I will note everything. I want this to be a really cool and cheap in cost model library.

If you have any trouble getting Spider3D to compile into your program, I will answer those questions too.

Thank you

[This message has been edited by WhatEver (edited 05-28-2001).]

I’m sooooooooooo sorry. If any of you have downloaded spider3d, it’s missing my vector.h file. Please download it again.

I’m going to write a small readme.txt for you to start using some of the cool features that spider3d has. I should have it done before the end of next weekend.

For now, you can use this sample to optomize your rendering speeds. This optomizations works best on non T&L cards because my GeForce only gets effected on large polycounts, while my Voodoo3 3000 gained 500 fps with a model containing only 600 tris.

s_model Model;
Model.Read3ds(“somemodel.3ds”);
Model.TriMakeSmooth();
Model.TriPackAlign();

These functions will totally optomize your array data. On large tri counts it can take some time to process, so be patient.

Once you’re done optomizing, you can save and load the optomized model with these functions:

Model.SaveS3d(“filename.s3d”);

and load with:

Model.ReadS3d(“filename.s3d”);

[This message has been edited by WhatEver (edited 05-29-2001).]

One more thing. For now Spider3D only supports 32/24/8 bit targa files compressed and uncompressed.

Thanks. Looks really good.

Can’t wait for a tutorial on usage.

Heater...