D3D OpenGL wrapper - part 2

I just found this link while surfing around (scroll down the page) which gives an answer to all questions in the previous thread from sometime ago about the OpenGL to D3D wrapper that can be found in Windoze XP.

Pretty interesting that they do have time to write a complete wrapped OpenGL implementation but not to write an up-to-date implementation…

it works! (sort of) http://oplayez.online.fr/OpenGL_on_Direct3D.html

Compatibility is really low, but the md2loader from romka.demonews.com works and it’s FAST. http://oplayez.online.fr/OpenGL_on_Direct3D_dependency.PNG

I submitted the GLinfo report to Tom Nuydens.
This OpenGL implementation is now on www.delphi3d.net

Just curious: what is the returned extensions string ?

EDIT: just saw the report. Only 3 supported extensions :stuck_out_tongue:

Julien.

[This message has been edited by deepmind (edited 03-01-2002).]

Originally posted by opla:
I submitted the GLinfo report to Tom Nuydens. This OpenGL implementation is now on www.delphi3d.net

Yep, thanks again for that. So does anyone know exactly when this wrapper is activated? Surely it only gets activated when your card doesn’t have certified XP-compatible drivers, or something along those lines? If not, I really don’t see how MS could possibly get away with this.

I’ll see if I can install XP on one of our test machines at the office, so I can try it with a bunch of different video cards. I’ll post my findings (if any) here.

– Tom

does anyone know exactly when this wrapper is activated?

Well, on my laptop (Toshiba 3000-214 with a GeForce2 Go), I had to delete and rename the dlls as explained on the fraps website. I think it’s the only way to activate it.

Opla, you’re right – I just tried on a GeForce2 GTS, and the wrapper never gets enabled by default. I’ll see if I can try other cards after the weekend.

– Tom

All I can say is that FRAPS really rocks, an awesome tool for me.

I’ve tried it with my GeForce3 Ti 200 and it gave me the same results as those from opla (as far as I could see because I didn’t knew about that GLinfo program).

(had to delete and rename those dll’s too)