GL_EXTX_packed_depth_stencil

I just downloaded new forcware 81.20 and in extension string is this GL_EXTX_packed_depth_stencil. Is it that, what we are waiting for? FBO with stencil buffer?

And now I realized that GL_EXT_texture_sRGB is here too.

Well, google knowns something about second extension, but doesn’t know about first one. There is NVidia spec:

http://www.nvidia.com/dev_content/nvopenglspecs/GL_EXT_texture_sRGB.txt

Well, google knowns something about second extension, but doesn’t know about first one.

Fixing the typo it does , and points to one single place:

I don’t understand the motivation for this extension. Does anyone have any examples of where this would be useful?

Originally posted by knackered:
I don’t understand the motivation for this extension. Does anyone have any examples of where this would be useful?
As far I as understand are stencil und depth packed together in the memory so that you can attach/detach them only together.

no, sorry, i meant the GL_EXT_texture_sRGB extension.

no, sorry, i meant the GL_EXT_texture_sRGB extension.
DirectX had sRGB support for a long time now. Check out their SDK demos for examples.

Does anyone have any examples of where this would be useful?

1. It has the potential of being significantly faster (look-up tables) than doing the gamma correction in a fragment shader.

2. Pre-filtering conversion may be supported in the future.

I worked hard this day and I am now able to use stencil buffer with FBO :slight_smile:

Here is small manual:

1. Create Rendertarget with format GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_NV, I thing it will be the same as GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_EXTX

2. Attach this render buffer to depth attachment

3. And then attach it to stencil attachment

4. All is done :slight_smile:

I didnt try stencil buffer with texture, but I think that will be usable as renderbuffer.