3dfx textures not working

I’m trying to demo my app on a Voodoo3 and for some strange reason textures aren’t displaying. They work on a 3Dlabs and a nVidia card, but not here.

Whats up with that?

(I’m using arrays to store all my data and glDrawElements - does 3dfx have a problem with that?)

Also - is it possible that its because I’m doing windowed rendering? Supposedly OpenGL reports I’m using the 3dfx ICD - but its running about as fast as the software driver (which works with textures btw).

Siwko

n/m.

I guess 3dfx doesn’t know what GL_DECAL means.

I am not sure about the capabilities of voodoo 3, but have you checked the size of your textures? (GL_MAX_TEXURE_SIZE)

Originally posted by mandroka:
I am not sure about the capabilities of voodoo 3, but have you checked the size of your textures? (GL_MAX_TEXURE_SIZE)

Doesn’t matter much, as the textures work, only with GL_MODULATE. Using GL_DECAL causes no textures to be displayed on the Voodoo3’s. Just a crappy little card, thats all.

When i first read the topic, i thought it was about the FXT1 compression…

Man you should be using that FXT1 compression, it friggen rocks !!! I think that that is the best thing to hit 3D cards…

I dunno about the GL_DECAL thing though…

I am running a Voodoo 3 3000. I just went back into an app I wrote several months ago and confirmed that the behavior for glTexEnvi with GL_BLEND, GL_MODULATE and GL_DECAL are all distinct and that they all function.

This is the exact line I use:

glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE );

One possible difference: I am linking to the SGI OpenGL DLLs. Don’t know if that would make a difference, but you might want to check it out.