Ase format file loader

I’m looking for an ase loader that takes in animation info!
I’ve looked at nate millers code and googled but no one seems to have done it any ideas people!

thanks
tony

Spiral, this is not an advanced post… In fact, you would much better input in the beginner forum.

Well, try http://www.gametutorials.com/

Originally posted by spiralsmile:
[b]I’m looking for an ase loader that takes in animation info!
I’ve looked at nate millers code and googled but no one seems to have done it any ideas people!

thanks
tony[/b]

[This message has been edited by mancha (edited 03-06-2003).]

Stop complaining.
If there was a robust parser like that I would love to have it as well. Parsing animations / bones / skinning is not exactly a redbook type of question.

Cheers.

Edit: BTW that old gametutorials ASE parser would take 3 minutes to write, that is not what we are discussing here.

[This message has been edited by fritzlang (edited 03-06-2003).]

tried to write one but ended up exporting the info i needed myself since the animation information seems to be stored in a really strange way (some times it seems to be stored in world koordinates and sometimes in locals… i just didnt figure out when what should have been applied)

Mancha have you ever tried writing an ase parser?

Ps when did a person with such a good/helpful website turn into such a scarcastic prick?

[This message has been edited by spiralsmile (edited 03-15-2003).]

Dude, the reason I said what I said was because this is in no way related to OGL, much less an advanced topic in OGL.

I never said anything about the complexity of any parser… I have written plenty of parsers, but not ase in specific, so I know how complex parsers can be.

I am very sorry, I must have been frustrated that day. And I know I am a prick, but jeezzzz, I am the one who has to live with it!!

I might take up on that challenge.

[b]Mancha have you ever tried writing an ase parser?

Ps when did a person with such a good/helpful website turn into such a scarcastic prick?

[This message has been edited by spiralsmile (edited 03-15-2003).][/b]

Now this is really a way to make you popular on this board.

I already regret that I answered your other retarded post about pointers.

Sorry folks!
esp Mancha!

I had one of those really crappy days when nothing worked and when i checked the forums i saw the reply

Spiral, this is not an advanced post…
and i just let rip my frustration on it/

I’ll keep my frustration to myself from now on!

And thanks HS for the reply on the pointer thing (retarded as my post may have been!)!

tony