Nvidia Open-Sources Cg Compiler

SOURCE: gamasutra.com
Nvidia announced today that it has decided to open source its recently released Cg compiler. According to the company, beginning next month developers will be able to download the Cg compiler source code from the Nvidia web site and create optimized Cg compilers for non-Nvidia platforms and architectures.

Does anyone fancy producing an ATI compiler?
I’ll pay you…

Seriously, it would be interesting to see the source code…

I thought of doing that very thing once the source was released but I dont have a radeon to like test it with so looks like I wont be doing it. But maybe some others on here that has a radeon could do it. That would be really cool.

-SirKnight

Haha, somehow I was expecting this, but who can work with nvidia source code? A lot of us, including me, have trouble following (and some times compiling) nvidia source.

The person who does it will be the envy of all guys here and be adored by the girls for sure.

V-man

Originally posted by V-man:
[b]Haha, somehow I was expecting this, but who can work with nvidia source code? A lot of us, including me, have trouble following (and some times compiling) nvidia source.

The person who does it will be the envy of all guys here and be adored by the girls for sure.

V-man[/b]

Yeah right !!!

I can vouch for this. I have compilied a lot of nvidia demo’s and source and it can be a bit messy. Those familiar with Visual Studio and Windows more than GNU and unix will have some trouble. People who do a lot of C/C++ programming on other OS’s (other than windows) generally have no problems. nVidia likes to be quite ANSI compliant and therefore their code often requires proper #defines and the like.

As for helping with the ladies it hasn’t worked for me. Being a programmer doesn’t help. Lucky for me I play guitar and am in a band or I would never get laid !!! ( :

Devulon