BorlandC/C++ - OpenGL - And Pentium Code

I dunno if it’s my drivers or it’s the Borland’s Pentium Code…

I use C++Builder 3.0 Professional… But whenever i use Pentium in the project’s settings, my programs lockup, forcing a reboot…

When i set my project’s options to 486, everything runs fine…

Borland C does have problems in OpenGL with their floating point… but this code heres fixes that…

#include <float.h>

int APIENTRY WinMain( HINSTANCE hInst, HINSTANCE hPrev, LPSTR lpCmdLine, int CmdShow )
{
#ifdef BORLANDC
_control87( MCW_EM, MCW_EM );/* Must be done before anycalls to OpenGL */
#endif

…Initialize openGL now…
}

Does this happen to anyone else ??
Does anyone know how to stop it from happening ??

I can post a Pentium OpenGL demo if anyone wants to test it out on their system, to see if it’s my drivers…

I’ve done some OpenGL on Delphi wich need the same thing, disable all floating point exceptions.

However you still cant debug, you get access violation or something IIRC. Although it didn’t force a reboot.

It all worked fine if you ran the OpenGL app directly in windows, not from the IDE. Or if you turned off the “integrated debugging” in the enviroment options.

So, does it only hang itself when you run your app in the IDE?. Ever tried to run it from windows?

Hang on a second… I think it’s the new Detonator2 drivers…

I think i didn’t properly uninstall the other drivers, or their was a clash or something…

Some other 3D party openGL applications where doing the same… I re-installed the drivers…

It happens when i run either by themselves or in the IDE… The whole screen has a blue tone ( you can still see windows, etc ) but everything locks up…

Onlyway out… is re-boot…

I found some interesting stuff about the drivers here… I have a TNT2 m64 card…
http://www.reactorcritical.com/ubb/Forum3/HTML/001866.html