OT: Successfully contacting ImgTech?

Update: all is fine, I’ve just received my answer. Just in case you ever need to contact 'em, it does work.

Exactly two weeks ago I filed some sort of bug report to devrel ‘at’ powervr.com, seemingly the proper target after looking at the site.

And I haven’t heard back

What’s the most successful way of filing bugs with the Kyro people, if you’ve made any such experience?

If you’re so inclined, the bug relates to drawpixels calls with dimensions >1024 pixels. Tested on a windowed glut app, that nicely resizes its viewport in the reshape callback and does full viewport ‘blits’ in the display callback.

If any viewport dimension is greater than 1024 units, the window goes black (I don’t even call glClear!).
It works just fine on Radeons from R100 through R300, NV10 through NV25 and Matrox G400/Parhelia (these are the ones I tested myself or had positive reports about).

[This message has been edited by zeckensack (edited 04-29-2003).]

what’s the maximum viewport size of that kyro card?

Originally posted by kon:
what’s the maximum viewport size of that kyro card?
2048x2048, according to this report (which might be submitted by myself).

It’s a 32Meg card, and it does run games in high resolutions, at least as far as my monitor carries me (1280x1024).

Anyone?

PS: please don’t be offended by this ‘bump’, I’ll only do it once, that being right now.

Since the cancelation of the Kyro 3, I doubt that PowerVR cares very much about driver bugs. They don’t seem to be in the consumer business anymore, so I doubt they will take the time to respond to you.

Originally posted by Korval:
Since the cancelation of the Kyro 3, I doubt that PowerVR cares very much about driver bugs. They don’t seem to be in the consumer business anymore, so I doubt they will take the time to respond to you.
Seems to be like you say, but IMO they’re not down for the count yet.

MBX is going strong, so I figure they must be taking dev feedback in some way or another. And maybe, just maybe hinthint you’re in for a surprise even this year

Actually the drivers are pretty damn good. It’s just the pixel path that sucks, but that’s quite normal for consumer cards.

Try to contact vlad.stamate ‘at’ powervr.com. He posts to opengl-gamedev somewhat regularily.