My Texture Class + A Question about an Addition..

ok folks, i have a texture class i have written to include for every openGL program i am writing. it supports .bmp and .tga files and even has an option when you instantiate your texture variable, to tell the class if you are using a big endian machine(i.e. SGI, SUN). by default its of course little endian. Now i want to add to this for even more advanced projects and to allow for more portability by adding support for .jpeg files. I have done some searching and was wondering what would i do as the first step or the first few steps in adding this support. how does .jpeg using byte swapping differ from .bmp or .tga for example. thanks in advance! btw i might be willing to give out this class if you ask nicely hehe.

Give it to me, please.

Did it sound nice?

give it to me plzzzzzzzz, pretty plz, with sugar on it.
thankz in advance

Originally posted by cutting_crew:
ok folks, i have a texture class i have written to include for every openGL program i am writing. it supports .bmp and .tga files and even has an option when you instantiate your texture variable, to tell the class if you are using a big endian machine(i.e. SGI, SUN). by default its of course little endian. Now i want to add to this for even more advanced projects and to allow for more portability by adding support for .jpeg files. I have done some searching and was wondering what would i do as the first step or the first few steps in adding this support. how does .jpeg using byte swapping differ from .bmp or .tga for example. thanks in advance! btw i might be willing to give out this class if you ask nicely hehe.

well i am waiting on my new machine at work so right now i dont have access to it. i will have to wait til i get home and put it together for you.

– also i was hoping if anyone could help me out on adding support to .jpeg files. anyone??

– oh and one other thing. right now this is version 1.0.0. this means the implementation of the class right now only does simple 2D and 3D texturing, no bump mapping, or any of that … yet. i thought before i get that far i would like to add .jpeg support.

[This message has been edited by cutting_crew (edited 11-04-2003).]

DevIL

why am i the devil?

i think it stands for “Developers Image Library”

cutting_crew: remember, I was first.

Hi! I’d like to have this texture class too! And…
I DO HAVE the code you need:

• jpeg support;
  • tiff support(except jpeg-compressed tiffs);
  • png support;

Post your e-mail, I’ll send you tomorrow.

NO, he means DevIL:
http://openil.sourceforge.net/

lolol,…ok i thought he was calling me the devil cos he thought i was teasing everyone hehe lol. hey freelancer that would be great…umm, is your code for just windows or linux too? i am striving to make it compatible with at least those 2 OS’s. can we private message on here? i dont know if i should give out my e-mail for everyone to see… for obvious reasons. thanks!

Originally posted by cutting_crew:
can we private message on here? i dont know if i should give out my e-mail for everyone to see…!

No private message.
Your email is freely available in your profile in there: http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/…me=cutting_crew

well right now if you email me there it wont go through cos i have only my friends emails allowed…everything else automatically goes to junk mail and is automatically deleted. i had to go this route to keep all the spam, nasty emails and such off my machine. im sure you can relate. i will change this to my yahoo email, so you can send it there freelancer… anyway thanks again