opengl 1.3.1

I just noticed NVidia’s drivers expose a 1.3.1 core.
What’s GL1.3.1 ? The last specs I’m aware are those of GL1.3.
What extensions were promoted ?

Thanks.
Julien.

The definition of the GL_VERSION string is that only the first two numbers have a defined format, and the rest is vendor-specific. We use the remainder to indicate major driver release number.

• Matt

version number [a few spaces] vendor specific information

Why doesn’t nvidia put the driver version after the 1.3.1? Ditto for every one else.

It would be useful since people can use your app (your app will display it somewhere like in the About window) to know that their driver version is old and its time to update!

V-man

Everything after the second point is vendor specific. These are the rules of the game.

Guess what this is:
1.3.3062 Win9x Release

Yeah, it’s the version string.

(ok, it’s quite old …)

Originally posted by V-man:
[b]Why doesn’t nvidia put the driver version after the 1.3.1? Ditto for every one else.

It would be useful since people can use your app (your app will display it somewhere like in the About window) to know that their driver version is old and its time to update!
[/b]

FYI… some people are doing this. For the notebook I’m currently using:

Vendor: Intel
Renderer: Intel 830M
Version: 1.3.0 - Build 4.13.01.3006

I agree that it is a good idea. Not sure why others don’t follow suit.

??? Let’s look into OpenGl 1.3 specification. First page:

The OpenGL(R) Graphics System:
A Specification
(Version 1.3)

Mark Segal
Kurt Akeley

Editor (version 1.1): Chris Frazier
Editor (versions 1.2, 1.2.1, 1.3): Jon Leech

and there are chapters at the end:
Appendix C Version 1.1
Appendix D Version 1.2
Appendix E Version 1.2.1
Appendix F Version 1.3

[This message has been edited by Carmacksutra (edited 05-22-2002).]

Well, but the 1.2.1 thing is just moving the ARB_multitexture spec into the opengl spec AFAIK. No core features were added or changed.

-Lev

It doesn’t matter what it ‘just’ was. If you make this stuff up as you go along you should at least stick to your own rules.