gDEBugger problems

I recently decided to do some profiling work on my engine, cause I suspect some driver abuse bottleneck slowing down things enormously and thus went on trying gDEBugger for the first time. However, when I try to start my application, gDEBugger reports the error “failed to attach to the debugged application…”; it gives the hint that the communication to the application is done through WinSock, so I disabled my firewalls, however this didn’t change anything.

My app consists of several modules (dlls) loaded at runtime, uses CgGL and I have the most recent drivers installed (81.something, 95 I think - however it didn’t wotk with the 75.xx release either). Tried out versions 1.1 AND 1.2.

Has anyone experienced anything similiar?

Hi HellKnight

• Which OS version are you using?
  • Are you loading OpenGL32.dll dynamically?
  • If so, which command is used for loading it? (LoadLibrary?)

Please send your replay to support (at) gremedy.com

The gDEBugger team
www.gremedy.com

Thanks for the response, I already was on the GRemedy technical forums and even sent a sample app to Yaki Tebeka…

BTW, I’m using WinXP professional and opengl32.dll is linked in the conventional way using a LIB file, so it’s loaded upon application initialization - no LoadLibrary etc. involved.

Regards,
-phil

This is not related to your problem but thought i’d point it out to you. Linking via a lib file will make that intermediate lib file being linked, the DLL will however, still be loaded on demand :slight_smile: .

Originally posted by Zulfiqar Malik:
Linking via a lib file will make that intermediate lib file being linked, the DLL will however, still be loaded on demand :slight_smile: .
Read carefully :wink:

[…] and opengl32.dll is linked in the conventional way using a LIB file, so it’s loaded upon application initialization […]

:cool: