Mixing RGBA and Paletted Textures

Is it possible to use RGBA textures and Paletted textures on the same object but on different faces. I am writing a Model Editor for a third party companies models and need what they refer to as Procedural textures. I believe they are using Palette animation which leads me to wonder if it is possible to just make a Paletted texture and leave all the other textures at RGBA settings.

Would this render properly? You see, I have some blended textures as well as well as Glow effects which use alpha blending.

Don’t know about Procedural textures; but as to multiple texture units, yes, you can use both RGBA and paletted textures simultaneously.
Alexei.

Multiple texture units requires using extensions? I don’t really know anything about them. Are you saying that I couldn’t simply create a RGBA texture, then create a Paletted texture?

Sure you can. Each texture object can have its own format, size, filtering mode, tiling mode, and so on. It’s no problem whatsoever to mix 32-bit, 24-bit, 16-bit and 8-bit textures. The texture format is not a global variable, so to speak.

• Tom

Phew…That is a definate sigh of relief. I apologize for asking a question that probably has been asked and answered and/or is considered a noob question, but I really felt that this was sufficiently off the beaten path type question as to ask it here.

I now have to figure out how to use Paletted textures. Yippee! Seems no matter what I do in programming, at some point it always comes back to palettes. And here I thought I would be done with them when everyone started using 16,24,32 bit windows resolutions. Doh!

Thank you everyone for your help.