help parsing TrueSpace scn text file

I have successfully parsed the scn text file except for one thing. In the file by an object you’ll see something like this.

Name Cube
center 42.933 72.6213 1
x axis 1 0 0
y axis 0 1 0
z axis 0 0 1

My question is about the x axis, y axis, z axis values. When the numbers are like the above, I can ignore them but by moving the objects around in TrueSpace, I can get something like this…

Name Cube
center 42.933 72.6213 1
x axis 0.729564 0 0.683913
y axis 0 1 0
z axis -0.683913 0 0.729564

Now my parsed data doesn’t work because my objects are someplace else. It’s apparent I need to use the x axis, y axis, z axis data in some way but how?

In their file format doc, this is all it says…

[i]Local Axes

Some chunks define their own local set of axes. This consists of a position or center for the axes and directions for the X, Y, and Z axes. These are given in World coordinates. The X, Y, and Z axes should be perpendicular to each other and are not relative to the center of axes.

ASCII format:
"
center %g %g %g"
"
x axis %g %g %g"
"
y axis %g %g %g"
"
z axis %g %g %g"[/i]

The data sort of looks like a 3x3 matrix. I have done many tests but have have not figured out how to properly use these values. I can only assume it is used on the center values… but how?

True Space Tech support can’t help in these matters and my questions go unanswered in the TrueSpace forums.