multitextured and lighting NURBS.

I can’t get TexCoord evaluators working with multitexturing but i want it.

I have been using glmap2 with GL_MAP2_TEXTURE_COORD_2 and with AUTO_NORMAL on and i cant get texturing and lighting working together either.

I can’t find much info on it either.

O I forgot to set TexEnvMode When I turned off multitexturing, still don’t know how to set multiple texcoords tho…

can it be done?

Hi,

Try to get a lightmap (multitexturing)demo from this link.
http://myopendemo.hypermart.net

thanks, but i can get multitexcoords working on primitives but not on nurbs.

I Need to know if you can have multitexcoord evaluators on nurbs, for example the code fragment:

(*glActiveTextureARB)(GL_TEXTURE1_ARB);
glMap2f(GL_MAP2_TEXTURE_COORD_2,…);

only evaluates texcoords for GL_TEXTURE0_ARB

please can anyone even tell me if they heard/know anything about this because I really need to know if this can be done!, I have requirements for animated nurbs and animated multi texture coordinates. I don’t want to do multipass on animated nurbs coz they will take up heaps of time and I have the texture units at my disposal. I just don’t know how to set the nurbs texture coordinates to anything other than the texunit0! It drive me mad!!

you could write a vertex program wich forwards texture coordinates from texture unit 0 to other texture units

The standard evaluators dont support multitexturing thats why Nvidia had its own extension for it (NV_EVALUATOR).

thanks, i’ll look into it.

Originally posted by ScottManDeath:
you could write a vertex program wich forwards texture coordinates from texture unit 0 to other texture units

Yer, sorry, but I need different TexCoord Maps for each Texture Unit.

glMapControlPointsNV=(PFNGLMAPCONTROLPOINTSNVPROC)wglGetProcAddress(“glMapControlPointsNV”);

glMapParameterfvNV=(PFNGLMAPPARAMETERFVNVPROC)wglGetProcAddress(“glMapParameterfvNV”);

glEvalMapsNV=(PFNGLEVALMAPSNVPROC)wglGetProcAddress(“glEvalMapsNV”);

all return NULL.

I got the new geforce2 win2000 drivers, Why don’t they work? Do I have to get a new card? If so, what.

(1) Evaluators only work for Texture unit 0.

(2) Nvidia’s extension is probably discontinued.

(3) From what I know, NURBS are said to be quite arcane. Try Subdivision Surfaces, RT-Patches or N-Patches.

PFNGLMAPCONTROLPOINTSNVPROC glMapControlPointsNV=NULL;
PFNGLMAPPARAMETERFVNVPROC glMapParameterfvNV=NULL;
PFNGLEVALMAPSNVPROC glEvalMapsNV=NULL;

glMapControlPointsNV=(PFNGLMAPCONTROLPOINTSNVPROC)wglGetProcAddress(“glMapControlPointsNV”);

glMapParameterfvNV=(PFNGLMAPPARAMETERFVNVPROC)wglGetProcAddress(“glMapParameterfvNV”);

glEvalMapsNV=(PFNGLEVALMAPSNVPROC)wglGetProcAddress(“glEvalMapsNV”);

This is not supported by my geforce2 mx or on a geforce4 mx. Does it actually work on anything?

they all come back as NULL, and that code also wrecked my opengl state variables, do I do it wrong?

Read the answers before posting more questions!
The extension is discontinued, don’t use it.
Your hardware never suported it. It needed a GeForce 3 or GeForce 4 Ti.

You probably have to find the glMap and glEval code in a software OpenGL implementation (MESA or SGI open source) and adapt it to generate the desired vertex attributes within you applications code.

sorry, the last couple of posts didn’t arrive.
I have made an evaluator and will use that.