Longs Peak drafts ?

Hello,

I was wondering if there was any way to get hand on Long Peaks design draft in order to start designing rendering engine around it.

I know it’s not final yet, but having a general overview of its current state would be really nice if possible.

Thanks !

Yeh, I would love that, too. I want to rewrite my framework for Longs Peak and elease it ASAP. Right now it just doesn’t make too much sense to release it, but when LP is out people are likely to search for a substitute for GLUT, GLFW and other libraries. I would be hapy to provide one :slight_smile:

Right now I don’t expect much interest in my framework - there’s no point of rewritting code for new framework if in 2-3 months you will have to rewrite it for new API.

I don’t mind waiting of course, but I would like to have the ability to design and begin implementation.

Originally posted by xen2:
I was wondering if there was any way to get hand on Long Peaks design draft in order to start designing rendering engine around it.
We will not be releasing specs until later this summer at earliest. There is a good deal of information in the OpenGL Pipeline articles, particularly the upcoming edition that will be out in a week or two, but not enough to start coding to yet.

Thanks for the update Jon :slight_smile:

Yes, thanks a lot for letting us know.
I’m looking forward for first official drafts this summer then.

Oh dear. I’ve got a bad feeling about this.
Time passes as people start designing around dx10.

You know it’ll be shortly after SIGGRAPH 2007 , at the earliest, before we get anything concrete.

Should be a really big shoo this year :wink: