FBO: Unknown error (0x0506)

I’m trying to render into a texture (2048x2048xRGB5) attached to the FBO. After the first render call, glGetError surprises me with an undocumented error code. The code is 0x0506, which is not in any of the header files. I managed get rid of the error by setting the filters for the attached texture to NEAREST… Does this matter? I mean, I’m rendering into this texture, there is no filtering necessary. Am I missing something? Thanks!
This is on an nVidia GF6600, 77.72

I don’t know what’s causing it, but if you look at the spec you’ll see a new GL error token defined.

Returned by GetError():

INVALID_FRAMEBUFFER_OPERATION_EXT   0x0506

Thanks! It’s a good start! And actually it is in the header, but I managed to miss it (searched for the wrong number…).

EDIT: nevermind. I hoped for another error return.

Ok, I’ve just installed the 80.40beta drivers, and this problem went away, good job nVguys!! :slight_smile: Just keep it up, 'cos there are a still a couple more issues to sort out! :wink:

Heh, I guess you know you are pushing the limits, when only the latest beta can “run” your program (well, running is a bit of an overstatement, but almost, sortof… :smiley: )

If I ever put my hand on the [CENSORED] who leaked the driver I would [CENSORED] [CENSORED] him. :mad:

J/K glad you have it working :smiley: