how to do floating point blending

As the topic says I want to knwo how floating point blending is done. I had a look into the NVidia SDK example but I did not understand it.

Has anyone a good and easy introduction?

All you need to do is create an fp16 pbuffer or FBO (using ARB_texture_float or ATI_texture_float enums) and enable blending and if you are running on hardware that supports fp blending (GeForce 6600+), the blending will be hardware accelerated.

I recall that nVidia doesn’t necessarily support all blend modes in floating-point rendering, but I’m not sure about that.

Originally posted by jra101:
All you need to do is create an fp16 pbuffer or FBO (using ARB_texture_float or ATI_texture_float enums) and enable blending and if you are running on hardware that supports fp blending (GeForce 6600+), the blending will be hardware accelerated.
Okay so I will try the FBO - Framebuffer Object?

I have a document saying something about that but to be honest a good introduction to FBO would be helpful. If anyone knows a good resource to do that I would grateful.

thank you in advance

Originally posted by jra101:
hardware that supports fp blending (GeForce 6600+), the blending will be hardware accelerated.
Could you please tell me how to check this out?
I actually have though about two ways:
1- controlling the framerate (ugly)
2- checking the FP pixelformat to support transparency (not sure it would work).