PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Render Targets with FBO?

CelticDaddio
05-01-2006, 10:34 AM
I am trying to use a FBO to render a scene to a depth texture and a color texture. Then I want to be able to display each of the textures on a quad. Basically what I do is something like this:

Loop {
Render To FBO
Bind Depth Texture
Display Quad Textured with Depth Texture
Bind Color Texture
Display Quad Textured with Color Texture
}

What I want to end up with would be a rectangle with one halfe textured with the depth texture and the other have texture with the color texture, like this....

-----------------------------
| | |
| | |
| Depth | Color |
| Texture | Texture |
| | |
| | |
| | |
-----------------------------The depth part works fine... but the color texture doesn't.... Before I post any code or get too involved in this, my first question would be:

Can I create a FBO and attach both a depth and color texture, then render the scene to the bound FBO and expect both textures to be rendered to?

Ed

jide
05-01-2006, 12:03 PM
Have you set the texture environment ?

ffish
05-02-2006, 01:05 AM
You can do it according to the spec. I need depth and stencil as well as colour and it works for me (but I'm using EXT_packed_depth_stencil and renderbuffers, not textures). I've got some code that'll hopefully work in the future that (after attaching a colour component) loops through depth attachments and tries stencil attachments. It shows complete FBOs for (all) the depth attachments alone, but incomplete when I try to attach any stencil component to it. So I'm guessing you can do colour and depth since I'm getting complete FBOs with those attachments on my work machine (FX5200).

ffish
05-02-2006, 01:18 AM
^ I lied. Like zed said in the other current FBO thread, depth attachment doesn't work for 16-bit depth components - only 32- or 24-bit on my FX5200.