sweep selection for multiple objects

hi,
I am doing my masters in CAD/CAM. I am working on a project involving reconstruction of 3 dimensional drawings from 2 dimensional/orthographic views. The code is prepared using OpenGl.
The problem is to make a rectangle for sweep selection of the objects drawn on the screen using a mouse. Please guide me on the topic as i am not getting any information regarding the problem.
thank you
rajesh malik

Originally posted by rajesh_malik:
hi,
I am doing my masters in CAD/CAM. I am working on a project involving reconstruction of 3 dimensional drawings from 2 dimensional/orthographic views. The code is prepared using OpenGl.
The problem is to make a rectangle for sweep selection of the objects drawn on the screen using a mouse. Please guide me on the topic as i am not getting any information regarding the problem.
thank you
rajesh malik

You are going to tick some people off by cross-posting to two different forums, especially those(such as me) are too bored to read both forums.

Are you looking for rubber-banding selection: the user drags a rectangle on the screen and select all the objects intersect with the rectangle?

yeh i m lookin for the same thing
plz send me the code if u no abou it

Originally posted by Coconut:
[b] You are going to tick some people off by cross-posting to two different forums, especially those(such as me) are too bored to read both forums.

Are you looking for rubber-banding selection: the user drags a rectangle on the screen and select all the objects intersect with the rectangle?

[/b]

I know I have posted on these topics in this forum before. Search for my name or search for “sweep selection” and you should stumble upon something.