ARB_vertex_program & multiple textures

I’m using the above extension to do my own vertex stuff. But somehow I have a problem with my textures: If I am using my vertex program, on the final image is then only the texture with the first glBindTexture-call displayed correctly. All other objects, which have another texture are drawn in plain white.

Hmmm…I really don’t know what I am doing wrong. In my vertex program I just take the input texture coord and write it to the output texture coord. I do not use any texture coordinate generation, so this should be enough.

But as mentioned above, only the first texture (the first glBindT.-call) is mapped correctly.

There should be something wrong with my vertex shader, because when I do not use my vertex program all stuff is rendered correctly.

Thanks!!!

BTW: The vertices and texture coordinates are stored in display lists.

[This message has been edited by A027298 (edited 01-08-2003).]

ok, please disregard the posting above. It’s been solved. :slight_smile:

Another question: Is it possible to use a vertex program to do for example only my own vertex transformations but let the rest like lighting calculations doing OpenGL?

Originally posted by A027298:
Is it possible to use a vertex program to do for example only my own vertex transformations but let the rest like lighting calculations doing OpenGL?

No, the entire transform & lighting stage of the pipeline is bypassed by a vertex program.

Oh my god, if I only wanna do a slightly change in the pipeline, I have to do all the rest like lighting, fog, …by myself. ;-(…Thats bad.

Is it possible to use a vertex program to do for example only my own vertex transformations but let the rest like lighting calculations doing OpenGL?

No, but the opposite thing is possible : you can let OpenGL perform vertex transformation, and you do what you want with lighting, texture coord, etc.

Note that the standard “diffuse plus specular plus fog” shader is actually listed in code in the ARB_vertex_program spec.

No, but the opposite thing is possible : you can let OpenGL perform vertex transformation, and you do what you want with lighting, texture coord, etc.

That’s only for NV_vertex_program(1_1), right? Or does the ARB one let you do it too?

In ARB spec you can find it under the chapter : 2.14.4.5.1, Position-Invariant Vertex Program Option