separate blend functions

Is there a way to use one blend function for my color values and another blend function for my alpha values? Obviously regular glBlendFunc() can’t do this. I don’t think register combiners have available the color of the pixel already in the color buffer, do they?

I am willing to use any extensions that might help with this, as my only other option is to render everything twice, and it’s an expensive render

– Zeno

There is an extension that provides a separate color and alpha blend function, but (to the best of my knowledge) no one implements it.

• Matt

if you are willing to render twice, you can set the ColorMask one time for rendering the Colorvalues and thew other time for Alpha values

Doesn’t the EXT_texture_env_combine extension let you specify color and alpha blend functions separately? But I guess that will only work if you texture your geometry.

Thanks guys. I got it to work last night by doing what daViper suggested. The performance hit seems negligable

– Zeno

Originally posted by mcraighead:
There is an extension that provides a separate color and alpha blend function, but (to the best of my knowledge) no one implements it.

GL_EXT_blend_func_separate is implemented in FireGL1/2/3 and Wildcat4110…5110