Iraq using GPU's to control laser guided missiles?

Apparently so - using nothing but a Geforce4 and Cg.
There’s no UN restrictions on the supply of graphics cards, only CPU’s.
This is madness.

April Fools!

A GeForce 4 GPU is all you need, we use them too. It’s what drives the cruise missles you see comming out of our destroyers and subs. All you have to do to get it ready for launch is just bind a height map of Iraq in tex0, a lighting lookup table in tex1 (so the missle can see where it’s going), a picture of saddam in tex2, and a cubemap in tex3 for per pixel vector directions (kinda like a normal cubemap) to aim the missle according to tex0, tex1 and tex2. Oh and you can’t forget the skeletal info transformed in the vertex program to control the fins of the missle.

-SirKnight

[This message has been edited by SirKnight (edited 04-01-2003).]

Good evening

My name is Ahmad Al-Najib and I work in Ministry Of Defence Of Iraq.
I would like to correct this misinformation. We used to use GeForce 4 with nv30-emulation drivers only in early prototypes. Currently all of our Silkworm missiles are equipped with Radeons 9500. And we use plain GL_ARB_fragment_program code, never Cg.

LOL, “graphics humor” =)

edit: “binding cubemaps” - hahaha

[This message has been edited by FXO (edited 04-01-2003).]

Stop this fully jokes, guys. Iraqi war just is another american madness, which will be punished by modern democratic civilizated world.

With or without GPU’s…

Originally posted by Zengar:
Stop this fully jokes, guys. Iraqi war just is another american madness, which will be punished by modern democratic civilizated world.

Why should we stop making jokes, huh? This is what’s wrong with the world today, if we can’t joke about things and always be tight asses about different issues we will never get anywhere but in a worse state. That’s why there are still certain issues that everyone seems to be afraid to even think about because then it’s like, oh you are a bad person for thinking aobut this or brining it up shame on you. It’s great to see there are, for example, stand up comics that are not afraid to make jokes about anything, whether it’s racial or whatever and just be able to make fun of everyone and everything. To be able to come together and laugh at something and realize how rediculus it is to always be hushed up or not able to even think about some issue is a good thing. There is a time and place to be serious and it sure as hell isn’t the time ALL the time.

On with the show!

-SirKnight

[This message has been edited by SirKnight (edited 04-01-2003).]

Originally posted by knackered:
Apparently so - using nothing but a Geforce4 and Cg.
There’s no UN restrictions on the supply of graphics cards, only CPU’s.
This is madness.

Believe me if i said to u .They use their will to defend themselves against the Occupation …

Originally posted by Ahmad:
[b]Currently all of our Silkworm missiles are equipped with Radeons 9500. And we use plain GL_ARB_fragment_program code, never Cg.

[/b]

That explains why none of them have hit…

Originally posted by Hazem_vb:
They use their will to defend themselves against the Occupation …

There’s always one isn’t there…

Quote of the day :
“You can make fun of everything, but not with everybody” – Desproges

Oh, I like fun. But I can’t understand why no one makes jokes about America. I guess it’s not nive towards Iraq.

Zengar, I think you must be living on a different planet from this one.

I guess some people here don’t watch comedy.

Saturday Night Live (SNL), makes plenty of jokes about George Bush and many others.
There are other shows too who make fun of this “coalition of goodness” vs “axis of evil”.

It relaxes the mind.

[This message has been edited by V-man (edited 04-02-2003).]

What? Nobody makes jokes about America in Germany? I thought it was the moral duty of every self-aware european.

-Ilkka

Originally posted by JustHanging:
What? Nobody makes jokes about America in Germany?

If George W. knew how much fun we make about him, Germany would already be declared as a part of the “axis of evil” !

When you go out with your coworkers, how often you made jokes on your owned bosses or your CEO? And how often you made jokes on the lowest-paid workers in your organization?
It is just a human nature to make jokes on the beings that is more powerful than his/her owned one. I don’t think it has too much to do with envy, but simply because people don’t feel guility if they do so.

Originally posted by JustHanging:
[b]What? Nobody makes jokes about America in Germany? I thought it was the moral duty of every self-aware european.

-Ilkka[/b]

you asked for it
http://www.gagarama.de/bush-praesident-specials/george-w-bush.htm

Originally posted by Jan2000:
If George W. knew how much fun we make about him, Germany would already be declared as a part of the “axis of evil” !

Well, at least you’ve been declared to be “old europe”.