ARB vertex buffer on NVIDIA and opengl 1.1

Hi.
Got a problem with vertex buffer.
It seems when I use wglGetProcAddress
on some of the functions on vertex buffers
there is allways a NULL pointer as the result.

Mabye I ain’t got the right drivers.
I got NVIDIA card.
Could someone tell the reason of this ****.

And if this is cause of my NVIDIA drivers problem , where can I get the new ones.
I was trying to search for some on NVIDIA.com
but none.

THX

Which functions? Please list them exactly as you name them in the wglGetProcAddress calls.

Also indicate your video card, OS, system, etc…

Y.

Have you queried the extensions list using glGetString ?

Originally posted by Ysaneya:
[b]Which functions? Please list them exactly as you name them in the wglGetProcAddress calls.

Y.[/b]

none of the functions work.
glBindBufferARB
glGenBuffersARB
glBufferDataARB

Originally posted by Ysaneya:
[b]Which functions? Please list them exactly as you name them in the wglGetProcAddress calls.

Y.[/b]

OK here is the list of extensions.
Nothing about vertex_buffers
GL_ARB_multitexture
GL_EXT_abgr
GL_EXT_bgra
GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_fog_coord
GL_EXT_packed_pixels
GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_stencil_wrap

OS = windows 98
renderer is “RIVA TNT/AGP”
company is NVIDIA Corporation

Download, install: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win9x_45.23

Is it a TNT or TNT2 ?
I have seen ARB_vbo supproted on TNT2, but not on TNT.

ARB_vp is even supported on TNT (in software, of course) but I haven’t seen ARB_vbo. Could be done in the latested driver though.

Originally posted by vincoof:
[b]Is it a TNT or TNT2 ?
I have seen ARB_vbo supproted on TNT2, but not on TNT.

ARB_vp is even supported on TNT (in software, of course) but I haven’t seen ARB_vbo. Could be done in the latested driver though.[/b]

I think it is TNT.
That’s not good.
I think. I guess I need a ne GFX card

Well, try downloading and installing the latest driver, it costs you nothing and could work.

Yes GFFX supports ARB_vbo, but you don’t need to go that high (not that I want to bias your opinion).
If you want to take a look at a list of hardware that supports vbo, you can take a look at deplhi3D.net where there is a non-exhaustive but very useful list.
http://www.delphi3d.net/hardware/extsupport.php?extension=GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object

LOL! NVidia’s managed to really confuse things with their naming schemes. . . I think by “GFX card” the only assassin was refering to “graphics card”, not the GeforceFX, specifically. . .

Originally posted by Ostsol:
LOL! NVidia’s managed to really confuse things with their naming schemes. . . I think by “GFX card” the only assassin was refering to “graphics card”, not the GeforceFX, specifically. . .

It was Graphics card. Not GeforceFX.

doh!