About Dot3 Texturing

is it possible to make per-pixel lighiting
whitout bump-effect using Dot3 “Texturing”??

Thanks in advance

yes

just dot the normalized point_to_light vector with the normalized surfacenormal

use two normalization-cubemaps, in one you give the (objectspace!! no tangent/texturespace needed)-normal in (can be done with simple texgen), in the other one the objectspace point_to_light (can be done with simple texture-matrix! no vertexprograms needed )

and then you simply dot the two textures in the texenv… thats it…

thanks for your reply.exist one examples about it??

thanks.

Theres a demo with source on my site, showing how to do non-bumped per pixel lighting.

It uses Register Combiners to do the DOT3, but you could quite easily change it.

The rusty-metal box on here; http://www.nutty.org/OpenGL/Nvidia/index.html

Nutty

Thanks Nutty.exist “ONE better way” for per pixel lighting???

Thanks
Sandruzzo

please don’t use that “exists?”, its “does there exist some other way…?” or something like that

well thats the most easy…

please don’t use that “exists?”, its “does there exist some other way…?” or something like that
well thats the most easy…

Actually it would make more sence as, “Does some other way exist?”

Also since we are on the subject of correcting grammar (hehe ) “well thats the most easy” should be, uh…(trying to figure out wth you mean ) “Well, that is the easiest way.”

Useless post by me but what the heck.

-SirKnight

i just stated it because i needed to read 3 times before i even understood what he was asking to nutty… (and even now i’m not sure what he wants, as the way presented IS the most easy on todays hardware…)

all i forgot was a ’ nothing more

and sir night, its a big nono to use the verb itself conjugated in questions… you always have to use do (or the last 6 years of english-lessons where wrong… hum i had a real ENGLISH teacher, so i think he knows how to talk )

Six years of english lessons weren’t enough to teach you the diferrence between “where” and “were”. =]

[This message has been edited by Michael Steinberg (edited 05-01-2002).]

Originally posted by Michael Steinberg:
[b]Six years of english lessons weren’t enough to teach you the diferrence between “where” and “were”. =]

[This message has been edited by Michael Steinberg (edited 05-01-2002).][/b]

yes they did
i think…
well…
where were you in the holidays?
i was in canada.
were you visiting the huge watefalls?
yes i was.
where are those waterfalls again?
in niagara… that’s why they are called niagara-falls

or, for insiders:
“lesson 1: margareth goes to the market”