OpenGL under Windows 2000 Problem, who can help me ?

Hi,

I have a problem with my 3dengine that uses opengl (win32 app). In win98 I have no problems. Under win2k quake 3 and a few console examples using opengl works fine, but if I debug my engine using a benchmark timing procedure, it takes about 2/3 seconds to get past a glBegin call ! Anyone who knows how this could happen ? Is there maybe something wrong with my opengl32.lib ?

Greetings,

Cyble

Maybe it is not glBegin() but it is the loading of the GL library? I have noticed that windows loading of dlls is a lot slower than the loading of shared objects in Linux. But if your timings are for multiple glBegin statements, maybe you have a stale driver? I don’t think that the version of windows should effect how the DLL performs. Who knows?

/skw|d

I measure the time from before 1 glBegin() call and after:
… <— here time = 0
glBegin(GL_QUADS)
… <— here time = 1234 (differs, at least >one second). But all the other stuff like setting up the opengl display, changing buffers, flushing buffers, etc. etc. goes really well. The only problem I have in win2k is with glBegin. Is it possible that there is a need for a new opengl32.lib (which supports win2k ?), cause opengl32.dll should be ok, because other opengl programs work fine ?

Hi,

I too. With a Creative Savage4 card, a call to glClear () stalls for 4 seconds… I changed the driver and now works fine. I think it’s a driver problem…

Hi,

Yes it was indeed the driver, I changed it a while ago and everything works fine now

thanx for your reply though

grtnx,

Cyble