Getting Started

I’m just starting programming. I asked someone about making games and they said to use openGl and C++. I’ve become familiar with C++ and want to move on.

I need to know what I need from this site for making games and if my C++ compiler will work with it (Microsoft C++ visual 2005 express).

Hello…

Since you are using vs2005e,I think you may start getting MS platform SDK and looking at MS opengl initialization.

I started opengl and c++ with bloodshed devc++. it is smaller and much more easier.

i got a game engine that works with my compiler.

but it wants a 3d studio max plugin and visual basic plugin. where can i find them?

My game maker is fly3D.

Did you have a specific question about OpenGL?

uh except for my question about 3DSmax plugins for fly3d, is there a general opengl program?

Well, I’d like to know more about Causal Dynamical Triangulation, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to post questions about it in a gardening forum :wink:

If you know the name of your plug-in, why not just search (google) for it? (I’m sure you’ll get a few hits right off the bat.)

Hope it helps.

Oh, and what do you mean by “general opengl program”?

Is there one everybody uses, like microsoft word is for typing, internet explorer for using the internet?

“Thou shall not consider IE as the best browser, you fools !”
No, really, get a real browser, like Firefox or Opera instead :
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

I use Quake3, for fragging my friends :slight_smile: