OpenGL 1.4 gl.h

Does somebody know where I can download a gl.h for OpenGL 1.4 under windows?
Thanks.
Nico

There is not a gl.h 1.4 for windows from what I understand, due to the fact Microsoft has not released a openGL library for windows passed 1.1.

You have to use openGL extension to access any function above 1.1, extenions let you access the openGL functions in the graphics card drivers.

Now also you will need to check and see what version of openGl is supported by your graphics card.

Originally posted by nopusch:
Does somebody know where I can download a gl.h for OpenGL 1.4 under windows?
Thanks.
Nico

Thanks, but for Linux there is a 1.4 from NVIDIA, I used it. Now I’m on a windows machine and want to use my code without having to define all the extension stuff.
And I also read on the web that there are 1.4 versions of gl.h around.
My graphics board supports OpenGL 1.4.

Hello nopusch,

I believe from my perspective that there is no exact OpenGL 1.4 gl.h header file. What I do know is that your graphics card may support OpenGL 1.4, but so far, the furthest I know is that there is a 1.2 release. You can check out my GL SDK Installer and see if this is what you are looking for, but it will not be a 1.4 update. There is an OpenGL Release 2 package that has a gl.h and glu.h update. I hope you understand. If not, please let me know and I will break this down some more.

• VC6-OGL

[This message has been edited by VC6-OGL (edited 04-02-2003).]

Of course for other OS system’s like Linux, Mac, SGI there is support for 1.4, as I stated for Microsoft Windows no support at least not official since 1.1.

But for each OS the openGL library’s are done by the makers of the OS.

You can check at the NVIDIA website in the programming area, I think they may have modified gl.h headers for windows, but of coarse could make your programs only run on NVIDIA boards.

Else you have to use extenions, unless someone else on here has a work around for it.

Originally posted by nopusch:
Thanks, but for Linux there is a 1.4 from NVIDIA, I used it. Now I’m on a windows machine and want to use my code without having to define all the extension stuff.
And I also read on the web that there are 1.4 versions of gl.h around.
My graphics board supports OpenGL 1.4.

Thanks VC6-OGL and nexusone,

I just checked the OpenGL 2 sdk from sgi. There is a an old 1.1 gl.h in it :-(.

In the OpenGL sdk from nVIDIA is no gl.h at all.

It seems I have to change my code to work with the older gl.h. and extensions.
I hope that it will be not too difficult…

Nopusch

You could download the glext.h at http://www.opengl.org/developers/faqs/technical/extensions.htm#exte0090 , found in FAQs section under extensions. It has all (most) enumerants and function protostypes and makes it a little easier to work with extensions.