I'm completely new here, and to coding.

help! hello, I’ve never done any coding before but would like to start. What do I need to do??? (and where do i get the opengl program from?)

You should learn a language before starting to learn an API, as most of your problems with language related instead of OpenGL related.

Trying learning C/C++ for a couple of months

thanks, how would I go about doing this?

Pick up a copy of /Accelerated C++/ by Koenig and Moo.

You also need a compiler. If you are using Windows, a lot of people would recommend Visual Studio. Apple bundles a compiler with their OS. I can’t say anything for other OS’.

You will need the following:

First pick a language to program, most use C/C++.

Also what platform you will be programming under.

Like under windows there are lot’s of C/C++ compilers, Microsoft visual c++ for windows programming is first choice, but is expensive.
Lot’s of good free compilers DEV-C++ is a nice free one with openGL library support.
Links to is on my site: www.angelfire.com/linux/nexusone/

Most compilers come with some built in documentation on how to setup and compile example program, this will get you used to using the compiler and its interface.

Then move on the like my site or sites like nehe.gamedev.net for tutors on how to program openGL with C/C++.

Originally posted by Ahsan:
help! hello, I’ve never done any coding before but would like to start. What do I need to do??? (and where do i get the opengl program from?)

I can go through nehe tutorial until lesson 25. In the end ,i am blocked by my Computer Graphics , Graphics Math knowledge.

So after have some experience with c/c++.
find a book deal with the above above two thing is as much or more important as OpenGL api.

Not sure if they still do, but Borland used to give away a free command line C++ compiler. Go to borland.com’s C++ page and look for a “downloads” link.

Thank you all for your help!