TGA alpha + Photoshop 7.0

Heck, I’ve working tga loader and stuff, I can get image that has alpha 0 or 1, when using transparent background, but how to edit alpha layer so that it includes values between 00 and FF, I’m not going to write program that collapses another image into tga’s alpha or use hex edit to edit each pixel, but I can’t find ONE good editor to handle my problem.

BTW, Photoshop is real dissapointment, they don’t think that they must include size of BMP image in header, so you must allways do the calculations yourself by mul’ing h*w

Photoshop has something like ‘blending options’. I’ve worked on it and it’s working OK.

I use Paint Shop Pro, works great with creating alpha channel mask for transparencys. You can download a free trial off their website.

Originally posted by M/\dm/
:
[b]Heck, I’ve working tga loader and stuff, I can get image that has alpha 0 or 1, when using transparent background, but how to edit alpha layer so that it includes values between 00 and FF, I’m not going to write program that collapses another image into tga’s alpha or use hex edit to edit each pixel, but I can’t find ONE good editor to handle my problem.

BTW, Photoshop is real dissapointment, they don’t think that they must include size of BMP image in header, so you must allways do the calculations yourself by mul’ing h*w [/b]

I had many problems with the alpha channel in Photoshop 7.0 as well. Everything was fixed for me when I installed this patch though:

https://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2c21a.htm

I haven’t used Photoshop 7, but for the earlier versions, you just had to click the “Add a channel” button on the layers/channels window. Then you just work with that channel and can do a greyscale type image where you draw with values between 0-255.